•July 4, 2010 • 43 Comments
Osfoora HD 1.1 just submitted to the App Store and waiting for review.
Here’s what to expect for this major update:
- All New Light Theme.
- Great New Landscape Layout.
- Clickable Links/Profile/Hashes from within Timeline.
- Enable/Disable Unread Badges.
- Enable/Disable Sound on new Tweets!
- Auto scroll to Newest Tweet Option.
- Integrated Wacchen Service.
- Revamped Icons.
- Updated Profile views.
- Changed the way Tweets are marked Read.
- Mark all read also possible by double tapping Tabbar.
- LogIn view supports all orientations.
- Login screen has instructions for new users.
- Improved Geotagging.
- Some improved usability touches.
- Clear Cached Images.
- Many bug and stability fixes.
More small changes…
•June 9, 2010 • 1 Comment
Some Osfoora users are experiencing crashes upon starting Osfoora or switching accounts. This is effecting certain Twitter accounts.
I was able to replicate the issue on my side. And very confident I found the cause of this.
Let me explain the potential reason and Fix.
Twitter does not allow users to send DMs to their own accounts via its official API, even though some services such as posterous and PrivateTweet allow you to do so…That is, you will have within your DMs messages sent by your own twitter ID.
For example Posterous will send a message on behalf of you that says: “Welcome to Posterous! Your site url is http://xyz You can customize this by registering at posterous.com
There is an issue within Osfoora when handling such cases that causes a crash. I have already fixed this, and will be pushed tonight. It will have to go through the review process which could take around a week.
Fix (Kind of – assuming you dont really need those DMs anymore): If you have DMs sent to yourself, simply delete them. You can access these from within your account on twitter.com, go to “Direct Messages”, then the “Sent Tab” and look for those sent via your twitter id.
This should take care of the issue.
Sorry again for the inconvenience
•June 5, 2010 • 7 Comments
Hello every one,
I am glad to announce the availability of Osfoora HD for the iPad. If you like Osfoora for iPhone, I am sure you will love HD.
Great design, bunch of features. Details available on iTunes
Hope you all enjoy it, and keep the feedback coming.
Full View Images:
•May 25, 2010 • 9 Comments
Osfoora for the iPhone version 1.4 change log:
- Core change, fixes Mentions/DMs being reloaded issue.
- “Double Tap” Title Bar (Toolbar at the top of screen) anywhere in Osfoora to instantly go back to the Timeline.
- Mark all Tweets/DMs/Mentions as Read by “Double Tapping” their corresponding Tabs at the bottom of the screen.
- After detecting gaps, timeline scrolls to the first tweet in gap.
- “Show Conversation Button” moved to toolbar within the tweet view.
- Ability to Post Link to Tweet.
- Fixes for special characters.
- Theme changes, more consistant DM conversations.
- User profiles now show “Verified” sign.
- Moved “Lookup User” to Search Tab
- Slight timeline changes
- Slight Home screen background change.
- New splash screen
- Easier access to recent searches
- Other Bug fixes
•April 18, 2010 • 13 Comments
Hi all, want to keep you up to date with what’s coming in Osfoora 1.3. Right to it then…
-Improved performance and better memory management.
-Improved Scrolling, more noticeable on older devices.
-Twitter Engine updates, more reliable (Should see less timeouts).
-350 API requests to Twitter, Rate limit should not be an issue now!
-Bug fixes related to restoring stored tweets.
-Pull to refresh
-Instant Account switching from within Timeline View, via top bar.
-Now see your Avatar within Timeline at the top.
-No missing tweets now, by Detecting missing tweets (Caused by not opening Osfoora for a long period).
-Click Avatar to show user’s profile.
-Preview tweet you’re replying to by pulling down composing area.
-Osfoora now keeps track of Read/Unread tweets even after quiting the App.
-Marks tweets read while scrolling through them.
-True and Complete Contact List (Accessible from Home screen or while composing a message)
-Follow Friday Random generator! Customizable: Input you own custom prefix (e.g. #FF, #FollowFriday, or whatever!), Choose number of follow friday contacts to attach (from 0 – 10).
-When Quoting (Older Retweet Style) Cursor automatically moves to start of text.
-TweetPhoto support (Not quite as I wanted, but will suffice for this update).
-Bookmarklet installation (from Settings)
-Osfoora remembers the scroll position you last left off (When possible)
- Other small changes…
-Light theme revamped. More consistant
-Home Screen: now a little bit smaller icons, and accounts button on top. Also shows active account.
-Time line changes: favorites shown differently , retweets badge slightly changed.
-Small change in contextual menu (Press and hold tweet).
-Ability to tweet from search view.
-Other small changes…
Cheers All! There’s always more to come…. :)
•March 24, 2010 • 17 Comments
So.. I’ve received quite some feedback regarding Osfoora’s home screen. Some wanted the ability to customize the background, some think the icons are too large and silly, others dont even like the home screen! Of course many love it too :)
What do you think? Leave a comment below, and let me know what you’d like to see in future updates.